Participate in the work of our organization and become a volunteer! You can donate your time, knowledge, experience, ideas, contacts to help us develop a better future for all SOS Children’s Villages children. You can assist in smaller and bigger things, depending on how much time you can devote. Volunteer work can be done in our villages, in family support centers and in our office.
To become a volunteer:
Please apply here (in latvian).
How can you help us?
- By following us on social mediawww.facebook.com/sosbernuciemati or www.draugiem.lv/sosbernuciemati, you will always be informed about our current events and by sharing our messages you will help spread them in the society;
- By helping in the office – counting, arranging, organizing, gluing together, etc.;
- By sharing the knowledge that might be useful to us;
- By participating in our events as a photographer;
- By helping with layout design for different purposes;
- By translating various materials – to and from different languages – mostly SOS Children’s Villages news, campaign descriptions and invites;
- By introducing us to someone, who might help us;
- By offering summer jobs, internship, experience acquisition opportunities to our youth;
- By participating in our campaigns – telling stories and educating people about the work of SOS Children’s Villages and inviting people to support us by donating;
- By becoming a fundraiser for us - creating your own website for collecting donations (we will help you set it up in an hour) and inviting friends and acquaintances to donate;
- By devoting your time to SOS Children’s Villages children during the summer – organizing different sports, arts and crafts or other activities.
For more information on volunteer work, please, write to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the fundraising specialist Irēna Gedroviča tel. 67372538